View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 08:01 PM   #42
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

Exclamation Re: Avengers cartoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I'd say Fred Tatasciore is a good bet since he's been playing Hulk in everything so far. He even did Hulk in that CG animated promotional short.
Indeed. Blum may be "Wolverine for life" but I wonder if Fred may have the role of Hulk for an equal period by now.

Quote:
Its interesting that Fred Tatasciore has always played Hulk but NEVER played Banner. Even though Tatasciore definitely has the range to play Banner.
I believe so, too. I mean I wouldn't be disappointed if Banner was played by another actor; he almost always is in Hulk cartoons (or even Live action), but I wouldn't mind Fred having a shot at both, either.

Quote:
This can't be the Ultimate Avengers Cap so they can't do the same thing. I say totally start fresh and get a totally new Cap same with Hulk vs. getting a new Thor in Matt Wolfe who did the best ever rendition of the character thus far in animation.

Hayter won't be doing it. Hayter's been vocal that he really only came back to do Snake because it was more as a favor to the fans. He's too busy now with his new production company and writing and potential directing jobs he has on the horizon. Hayter's proud of his voicework, but would only do something if there was something ultra-cool in mind they could work out or that's the impression he gave at his AX appearances last year.
That is a shame. But, yeah, it'd be fun to hear Kirk Thorton audition for it, even though I know he's likely outside the bubble.

Quote:
My personal favorite will always be Hays, but I think for consistency's sake they should stick with Worden. Worden does a good job of the character that's at least faithful to the 616 Tony. Tom Kane did a good older Tony. But this will be important because this will be a more leadership oriented Tony. In the Ultimate Avengers, Tony had this very light almost devil may care type of personality that I think was hiding a deeper inadequacy in teaming with Cap.
Tom Kane was fine as Older Tony in NEXT AVENGERS for me, too, but I agree with you that here, he should sound younger, or at least in his prime. Worden can handle that.

Quote:
I think Nolan North is the best choice based on his heavy work on recent Marvel Animation. However, I think for this Hank we need to see more BRILLIANT SCIENTIST and sometimes flawed Hank instead of nervous breakdown angry scientist Hank. Hank should be guilty and regretful of his mistakes rather than the "I'm angry because my wife doesn't think I'm as great as a hero as Cap!! Grr!" I'm not saying it was a bad interpretation for Hank in Ultimate Avengers 2, but it just felt a little one note.
It was one note, but it also wasn't as deep into psychosis as the actual Ultimate source material, which did irritate some fans. I think North could pull it off.

Quote:
Wolfe would be my first choice. I was never that fond of Boat's Thor in Ultimate Avengers. Adamthwaite is a good performer, but I think Wolfe has done the best Thor ever, and he's already playing Thor again in Tales of Asgard.

Keep in mind, the Thor in Next Avengers was an older, wearier, King of Asgard Thor. This will not be the same Thor so it should be closer to his Hulk VS. rendition.
There is a part of me that thinks having King Thor come down to beat Ultron in NEXT AVENGERS would have worked better than "just because he is popular" Hulk, simply because he seemed out of left field and there for obligation. Plus, it would have made Thor seem like less of a cad in that film, but that's another topic.

Yeah, Wolfe's fine as Thor. I know they like to maintain similar actors for a lot of these parts so I wouldn't be surprised if he was tapped for this show in 2010-2011.

Quote:
Hamill as Leader? You do realize that Hammill played Leader's stooge, Gargoyle in the Hulk series right? I'd actually look at Hammill for Taskmaster even if he's available.
Yes, I did realize that. He was arguably one of the highlights of that show in the 90's.

I suppose Hamill could carry Taskmaster, I would just rather he sound dangerous and gruff I guess. In the comics, his pragmatism is often misunderstood for cowardice (he usually prefers to flee from a fight rather than stay and risk arrest), plus I figured since Ron Perlman played Slade/Deathstroke in TEEN TITANS, it might be fun. Anyway, yeah, if Hamill played anyone here it could be solid.