View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 06:42 PM   #493
Lord Valumart
Hype's Dr - It's Canon
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

Originally Posted by Manic View Post
I think Davison's era had some really good stories ("Kinda" probably being my favorite) and he has the best regeneration by a mile, but I've always seen him as a little dull compared to the other Doctors. He comes off as a very Default Doctor. His most stand-out trait is that he's a big cricket fan. That doesn't draw me in like the sillier, more cryptic, nihilistic, or romantic Doctors.

I really like Pertwee, but I just happen to like everyone I listed before him more. Yes, even Colin. He got a major boost from the audios, along with McGann.
See I like the fact he's sort of the more human and downtrodden Doctor. It's just litte things he copies from other Doctors aswell, but just little bits and only some times. I love the bit in The Visitation where he places out some stuff, looks at it and says something like "I really should put together a proper survival pack one of these days". And when he leaves in The Five Doctors and runs away in the TARDIS. you can totally picture a younger Hartnell doing it the same way.

I just really like Davison I think. He's a very likable actor and he plays the perfect Doctor that's always doomed to failure because he's trying too hard to save one person.

I'm the one who steps from the shadows,
all trenchcoat and cigarette and arrogance,
ready to deal with the madness.

Twitter: @lordvalumart
Tumblr: General-Geek