View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #6
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 10

A bat reboot may not take the time to say much about the character like u said. It could be a rinse and repeat formula where it's strictly about the visual and making a batman movie for the sake of getting a new Joker back on screen or bringing in some villains that haven't been used in a while (riddler, penguin).

I guess a part of me doesn't mind that if it's done with respect. I mean, if they make it with the intention of adapting a comic or a video game for live-action. A Batman Beyond or an Arkham Asylum. Or a loose take on Heart of Ice. The batman fan that I am loves this but is it saying something about the character? Is it a story worth telling or is it just eye candy?

I guess Beyond can say something about old Bruce but we're years away from seeing something like that. Arkham sounds cool but mainly a visual experience. We could get Dick Grayson's origin again but will general audiences care for seeing the "serious take on Batman Forever"? And do we learn something about Bruce in the process or is it like the old movies where the villains and sidekicks become more of the focus..

Burning out the audience is never a good thing.

TDK films seemed to say something strong about the character of Bruce Wayne, it wasn't just spectacle, and now MOS has that same thing going for it.

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc