View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 07:46 AM   #305
AVEITWITHJAMON
Cloud kicks ass

Default Re: The "Little Things" You Appreciated/Loved Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
To be honest, I really don't think of it as being morbid for appreciating the route that Snyder went with portraying the death toll in this film.

One of my biggest issues with "The Avengers" was how the Chitauri's invasion of New York City felt very tamed. You didn't really see people getting hurt or killed. It was just all assumed based on the buildings that were getting shot at.

But aside from that, you never really saw any one really getting hurt on screen. We just had a bunch of shots that featured people running about screaming or hiding, along with some buildings getting shot at, but that was about it.

That's why I could never really take the threat of the chitauri seriously, because it didn't come off as serious for me.

I feel like the one of the great ways to make people appreciate the moment when the hero finally defeats the villain(s) is by showing on what kind of carnage and death toll that the villain(s) could bring if they were left unchecked and unchallenged.

Heck, given that the world that we're presented in MOS is one where other heroes do exist, most notably Batman, I think it's safe to assume that had Clark not stood up to Zod and his officers, or had he not been successful in defeating them, then everyone on Earth would have been killed..including those heroes.
I couldnt agree more with this, The Avengers and MCU films in general never come across to me like anyone is in danger, because they simply wont show it. It annoys me and its one of the reasons the villains never come across as threatening and why I never feel the heroes are in danger in their movies. I'm not asking for blood and guts, but show a few people getting injured or killed and The Chitauri come across as a much more credible threat.

MOS showed real consequences of such a thing happening and showed that Superman cant be everywere at once and save everyone. People will die while he is protecting Earth and there is nothing he can do about it. It just gives the movie a much more realistic feel and made Zod an actual threat to both the hero and the planet.

1)Avengers: Infinity War-9.5(2)A Quiet Place-9(3)Black Panther-9(4)Deadpool 2-9(5)The Shape of Water-8.5(6)Ready Player One-8(7)Solo: A Star Wars Story-8(8)Jurassic World- Fallen Kingdom-7.5(9)Tomb Raider-7(10)Pacific Rim Uprising-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote