View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 08:31 PM   #531
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Thor: The Dark World was a terrific, enjoyable film. I had a blast watching it, the box office numbers are good worldwide and it will get a sequel. That's all that really matters, isn't it?

TDW will hit $300 million worldwide tomorrow, and is probably on its way to $500 million overseas alone. The film is a major success on its own terms. That Marvel has accomplished this with a character who a mere three years ago was dismissed as a third-tier hero that the general audience would never support is amazing. Marvel fans have so much to be happy about that no one should be looking for reasons to be upset about Thor. Or maybe that's the problem, success has spoiled things for some, to the point where anything less than record-breaking box office is a major disappointment.
Are you not following the numbers? That doesn't seem likely at all. $450m international is looking like the ceiling right now.