View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #975
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
But the critics and the general public won't have blinders on. Their opinion will matter the most, because the ´´fanboy`` percentage is way too low to matter in relation to the general public.

No we don't. At least not when it comes to his performance.

Of course. Just like everyone will praise Cavill when they start doing promotional interviews for MOS. It goes without saying. But the statements made so far, were not done for MOS interviews. If the reporters didn't ask, nobody would mention it. And even so, I hardly think Adams and Shannon would go out of their way to compliment Henry when the question doesn't even directly ask of that, as they did.

Especially Shannon. He is not someone who throws BS around. He called the movies he's in merely, ok, or decent. He is not the one for hyperbole. It's funny how, if you follow his statements on MOS he became more and more of a fan of Cavill. First (before shooting) he mentioned what a hard part Superman is and that he thinks ´´that this Guy (Cavill) will be alright``. While shooting he was asked of Cavill and he didn't want to give an answer because he only had one scene with him and he said he isn't sure yet and even said Reeve has a special place in his heart. About two months later he said that every time he sees him, he thinks ´´there goes Superman``. So that's interesting how he went from one end to another.

Of course, this may mean nothing. We'll see. Hopefully in about a month we'll have a bit better idea of how Cavill performed.

But I personally have high standards for the role and the film itself. No blinders here. If Cavill disappoints I'll be the first to chew him a new one around here.
Shannon really said all that? huh. Anyway i agree, i have high standards, and if Cavill disappointing, i'll be one of the first as well to chew him a new one lol. At the end of the day, i just want a good, fresh take, on an american icon.