View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #220
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Default Re: Is Batman justified when he refuses to kill? Do you wish he was more like Superma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
The sad irony is that the Nolan films never shut up about the no kill rule.

Anyways, I think it will be pretty interesting for the young audience to see your superman overcomes all scenario after this movie and because of this movie. I fully understand that a character can just have a no kill rule based on several other things but I have never actually heard the argument as to why that approach is better. When it comes to the matter of strong and traditional story telling anyways.

In short, don't lose faith yet. Pretty sure if the no kill rule had to be discussed by producers then there is some sort of pay off down the road.

Funny enough, I think when they sent Red Skull into the portal at the end of Cap, I nodded my head and said to myself, yup, good old safe forgettable marvel at play here. Wonder when skull will be returning...hopefully avengers.
I'm glad they took a chance with this film. I've been an advocate for such things for a while.
Seriously, I kept thinking does Bruce really have no problem with killing because there was Ra's and Harvey. And possible Scarecrow with the hallucinogen.

I still don't see a need to have him kill in order to make that rule. Perhaps, it would've been better if they had shown him set the rule in the first place or reflect on it instead of moving on as if it never happened. In the end, I'm just "whatever" about this version of the character and will be ready for the next one.

I think Weaving pretty much said he wasn't interested in playing the role again. I was kinda surprised that they didn't bring him up in Avengers. Like Cap just wondering what really happened to him. Even so, since they established Cap as a soldier, it was clear he'd have no real problem with killing Red Skull if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
He'd need some type of portal or time paradox for something like that.
Movie universe gave him no options.
I think everyone understands that.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote