El Hombre Pájaro

Default Re: The "Why So Serious? Gotham City Noir" RPG: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

"Gotham City Noir" RPG Application

Screenname:
Byrd Man

Gothamite you would like to portray: The Batman Also known as Bruce Wayne

Class of society: (Choose one) Guardian

Resume: (Brief character biography)
After witnessing the muder of his parents by mugger Joe Chill, Bruce Wayne was never the same. He traveled the world, Training his mind and body to the peak of human potential and after his run in with former mentor, Ra's Al Ghul. He returned to Gotham City and became it's savior, frighting the superstitious and cowardly lot and becoming pure terror to criminals all over Gotham. The Batman.

Factoids of interest: (Special attributes - IE: Weapons, attire... anything needed to be known) Batman has no know powers instead, he relies on his own scientific knowledge, detective skills, and athletic prowess.

Known associates: (NPC's needed to be attached to your character) Alfred Pennyworth: Butler. Rachel Dawes: Assistant District Attorney and childhood friend.

Three integral reasons behind choosing the character:

1. Batman is my favorite character. Nobody can come close to him. Not even Ult. Captain America. There are only two things I will always remember about my childhood: Batman 89 and BTAS' opening scene.

2. Gotham is my favorite fictional city and with this RPG, we have the chance to show Gotham and Gotham alone. It's New York with a dark edge. Where else can Batman and Joker fight? Fargo? Philly? Please.

3. With this the new gritty/Nolanverse style. I have some options to play with Bruce. Plus, BB kicked ass and Gotham Central kicked ass even better than BB.

Provide a brief explaination behind your character's motivations (ex: What does he/she believe in? How does he/she connect with Gotham City? What grinds your character's gears?): Bruce is an OG (Original Gothamite) and after you watched your parents be mudered right in front of you when you were 8 would make anyone want to dress up like Draclua and assault criminals.

File Headshot: (A picture if your character, if applicable)

Please provide a small sample post, in the format you plan to portray this identity, with three paragraphs at minimum:

Gotham Lawns

The gray sky gives way to a light snowfall. Alfred pulls the car up to the side of the road.

“I'll wait for you here, Master Bruce.”

"Thank you, Alfred."

I slowly get out the car and pull up my coat to fight the howling wind. Two roses grasped in my hand.

It's a short ways to their place. I trudge through the snow and finally find it.

"Mom. Dad."

I place a rose on each side. One for Thomas, my father. One for my mother Martha.

This is something I've done since my return to Gotham. The anniversary of their deaths I visit. I can never undo the pain of that night, but by remembering, I will always know what it felt like.

I close my eyes for a second, the images flash...

"No...."

My eyes snap back open.

"It's working...slowly, but the people are believing. Hope is returning. I'm making this world a better place...not a world were another eight year old will have to go through the pain again."

Sometimes I wonder, what I would have been like had my parents not died. No, don't focus on what might have been, focus on what is.

I touch my father's grave and crouch.

"It hasn't been easy. But that's why we choose the things we do. Not because they are easy, but because they are hard."

I kiss my hand and place it on my father's grave. I repeat the act with my mother's grave.

"I love both of you."

I turn to leave, marching through the snow. As much as I want to stay and dwell on my thoughts, night is slowly approaching and I have work to do....

"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote