View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 10:09 PM   #87
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Discussion: Voting ID and Voting Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell110 View Post
That's a lot of effort to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

You prove you're a citizen when you register to vote.

People can't just walk in and vote. In my state, you have to go to the polling place you are assigned and tell them your name and address. Unless they know all three things, they aren't taking anybody's vote.
IMO, its not about proving you are a citizen...yes that is taken care of when you register to vote.....but I honestly have no problem with showing ID, I have been voting for 24 years...and I have had to show my ID every time....with all that these states are saying they can do....there should be no problem in getting everyone some form of ID...WHICH EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE, not having an ID is just stupid, and there is no other word for it....

The problem I see for now, is not enough time to set in place what needs to be done to do this effectively and efficiently....but it can be done, and it should be done.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote