View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #142
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Default Re: IRON MAN 3 Trailer Thread - Theatrical TRL #1 To Debut Oct. 23rd, 12:01AM (PST)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericadawn16 View Post
I would definitely prefer Rescue over killing Pepper off. I've been worried that they were planning to kill her off since she said some indefinite answer about being in Avengers 2 and she said something about her character having some changes in Iron Man 3.
I actually prefer the opposite. I would rather see her get killed off for the sake of upping the emotional ante of the storyline than become a female version of what we already have two of. The problem Iron Man has is, for the films, all of the key characters are too similar. Man in suit fights an evil man in a bigger suit. Then we got man in suit teaming up to fight more evil man in bigger suit and robot replicas of suits. In the third one, I dont want to see man in suit team with man in suit and woman in suit to potentially fight more evil robot replicas. I know we get Mandarin, but we won't get all three against just him.

Bring up the Rescue armor as a cameo, like the War Machine tease in the first one, AT MOST. I'd rather see Pepper treated like Coulson in the Avengers.