View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 06:59 PM   #37
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Default Re: Season 2, Episode 8 "Guilty as Sin" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

Matt wanted to treat Frank as a hostile witness. But then why didn't he begin cross examining him properly? What he did sounded more like an opening or closing argument, which is exactly the same thing Ben Affleck did in his courtroom scene in the DD movie. Why is he going off on his own tangent and addressing the jury about the need for heroes?

Yes, he got to make a nice little speech he otherwise wouldn't have, because there wouldn't be the opportunity for a closing argument, but he didn't know that at the time. And if he really wanted to say something to that effect, he should've been on time when the trial began to give the opening argument. He didn't even seem to care that he had court in the morning when he was bandaging Elektra's wounds.

Did he even set an alarm clock? I have several alarms on my phone to get up in the morning in case one of them fails or I accidentally hit the snooze button on it. And it also has math to dismiss, so that you can't just hit snooze without actually working out a calculation first. He should consider having something similar. Is he so used to just waltzing into the offices of Nelson and Murdock whenever he likes that he thought he could do the same with court? Completely irresponsible and unprofessional.