View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 06:05 AM   #638
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Default Re: Bond 25 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
I don't know about a TV series but I'm surprised EON hasn't done spin off movies.

Some folks seem to be caling for a Black Bond or a female Bond. Why not do a spin off film with another 00 Agent who could be either of those things. The supporting cast of Bond would be the same (Moneypenny, Q, Tanner, M) and you would have the benefit of being able to do a movie not as beholden to the Bond mythos but set within the Bond universe.
I like the idea in principle [as in general I don't think we see the other 00's enough] but in my mind it kind of runs the risk of making Bond redundant - sort of like how there was a guy who was better, smarter, faster, stronger than Jason Bourne around all along [in Renner's character] so you kind of question why Bourne was then so special so as to deserve all that effort and attention.

Personally, I've always liked the smaller scale idea of a simple scene or two where Bond meets with other 00's to talk shop, with said 00's being played by popular 007 casting choices [in this case Elba, Isaacs, Owen etc]. If they could get those guys to agree to cameo, that would be absolutely awesome and damn fun to watch.