View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 11:41 PM   #650
Vaibow
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bond 25 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Serious question. What would they call a female Bond? Jane Bond? Janet Bond?

Im willing to give a female Bond a try, but Im not sure about it. James is a man that drinks way too much and sleeps with most pretty women he comes across. Personally I have zero problem with a woman doing those things. Women are free to drink as much as they want to and sleep with whoever they want to. If a man can do it a woman should be able to do it as well. But general audiences might not take to a woman who drinks like a fish and who has more notches on her belt than the corner prostitute. Like it or not women that sleep with a lot of people are perceived in a much more negative light than men who sleep with a lot of people. Its a double standard but it exists. So Im not sure EON would want to try to overcome that double standard. They could give us a female Bond that doesnt drink much and has a steady relationship or doesnt sleep around much but at that point you'd be removing a part of the escapism of the films so is it even worth it?

What I would suggest is introducing an entirely new Double O agent that is a woman. Have her work with Bond. Maybe she is new to the program and Bond is supposed to be training her. They end up having to take down a villain and stop an evil plot. Then if the character is received well by general audiences do a spinoff film with her. Or bring the character back once in a while in future films.
They already did a female Bond, pretty well too.. atomic blonde!

I don't get why people and studios can't just be original or demand originality. a Jane Bond would just be a female actor, where is the fun in that. It would need to be a new style, new persona, there for no actual links to Bond per se.

A black bond is fine, or whatever colour they like, so long as it is James Bond that we know. Idris Elba would be great. He's a great actor. We don't some urban twist, or some liberal tweak to please the SJW's.