View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 09:08 AM   #296
Mrs. Sawyer
Banned User
Default Re: TIH vs. Ang Lee's Hulk

Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
So the best Hulk film is one where he just goes around smashing things, instead of delving into the psychology of the character? Is this bizarro world?
Here's my problem with Ang Lee's Hulk. There is a such thing as too much depth, and trying to add too much depth to scenes to the point that it hurts the pacing and flow of the movie. There is too much exposition.

I like TIH, but don't love it for some of the reason you stated. You guys are right about some of the flaws of TIH, but at the same time like me and Spider-Fan have been saying, it's more than just Hulk Smashing things. To me, it was just better made movie that was more entertaining because it didn't over reach.

Once again, I have no problem with people liking Hulk, but still having this mentality that people who like TIH are the ADD crowd like you and AVE are implying is wrong.

Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Yes, but my point again stands, look at the DVD/BD sales, FC has done MUCH better than TIH did on those formats, hence it having better WOM.
Do you have the source for DVD sales? It doesn't say that FC outsold TIH anywhere yet. In it's first 11 weeks, FC sold 23 million vs TIH's 58 million.

EDIT: Nevermind, just read that Blu-Ray sales aren't included with either movie. Why?

Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Again, I believe it was liked by people who go on the internet, but they are a small percentage of the movie going public, Snakes On A Plane proved this beyond any doubtas a movie that flopped after being built up totally on internet hype.
It was liked more than people on the internet. Stop trying to bring out the strawman argument by trying to disregard the closest things we have to measuring the GA, especially when I used cinemascore which actually is the closest thing to how the GA felt toward a movie when it has shown that GA has ignored Hulk.

Last edited by Mrs. Sawyer; 03-20-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Mrs. Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote