View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #78
Jedi-Spirit
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Star Wars Fanbase - How do they feel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiestarr View Post
Well, one thing that is cool/different than the prequels is that fans don't really what the new trilogy will even be about.

I mean we knew forever (since '83?) that the (if there were to be) Prequels that they'd be about a Young Anakin and Obi Wan and how Skywalker became Darth Vader. Molten lava, the fall of the republic, etc. Those were all know so, right away, fans had visions/expectations of what it was to be built on certain, solid, plot points. We had Episodes 1-3 that we had imagined. A bit like reading the book first.

You don't really have that with Episode VII.

I mean, we don't even know who any of the characters will be. I assume the droids, an old(bearded?), Jedi Master Luke, but I have no idea what the core of the plot will be.

I think that can only be good in terms of fan reactions. Unless you have an outcry from avid EU fans that there was no Admiral Thrawn or whatever.
There was a tiny bit of this in the Prequels really...for Example, Coruscant was not of Lucas, but of Zahn...other little things as well...It would be best to have a tip of the Hat to fans of the OT, PT & EU at times during the ST, but not at the expense of the Original story idea...