View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 08:03 PM   #493
Rike
Crazy

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

SDCC: KINBERG ON MAKING "X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST"
Quote:
Kinberg also had early plans for a sequence in which older Professor X (Patrick Stewart) and older Magneto (Ian McKellen) went in search of an imprisoned Rogue (Anna Paquin) during the dystopian future. In order to continue sending Wolverine back to the past, they needed Rogue's mimetic power to capture the abilities of the dying Kitty Pryde (Ellen Page). "I wanted to see Rogue because I love Anna [Paquin] and I love the character," Kinberg said. "The other part of it was that I wanted Eric and Charles to go on one last mission together."

The sequence was shot and edited, but removed from the final cut. "It was one subplot too many," said Kinberg. "It was really painful because we all loved and it was really well shot. … What was really interesting was the scene lifted out of the movie really cleanly." That said, elements of that shot still remain in the final theatrical cut of the film. "If you look, you can still see Anna in a reflection," he said.