View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #316
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Default Re: No more rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
So, I'm not going to pretend I have much of a grasp on politics. All I know is that must, if not all of our constitutional rights have been taken away. How the **** is it possible that someone is not allowed to chose to do drugs if he or she chooses to? It in no way interferes with the lives of others. How is it legal to poison the **** out of the planet, atmosphere and each other with chemicals and cigarettes but we can't do drugs that effect nobody but our own selves? It's almost as ****ed as suicide being illegal. Nobody should have to right to force somebody to live, that's crazy.

I'm just wondering how the government got people so brain dead that they think we need all these law's to protect us? Did it start with the "Soviet Menace" and the illusion of us needing to destroy other countries in order to protect our "freedom"? Is it because 99% of the American population goes to work, comes home, drools to the TV and goes to bed? They're so damned content hiding behind their white picket fences that they don't know what the ****'s going on? Capitalism. Keep them fed, give them work, give the the illusion of freedom and they'll all think everything is as good as it get's.
This probably should be in the weed thread but basically when it comes to marijuana, the main reason it was targeted was because some people needed something to go after so they could feel good(read that the people who lost out on prohibition) , and others wanted to find an excuse to target the people using it(read that mexicans and black people), while others just wanted to stop hemp production(business that hemp is competition for). Put all three of those groups together plus a campaign based on fear you have have a large coalition of people stupid enough to let it pass.

By the way here is a nice quote from Harry J Anslinger, who was the head of the Bureau of Narcotics starting in the 30s(when they started going after the drug)

"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing, result from marijuana usage. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others."

On on a belief system like that many people jumped on the bandwagon

Last edited by SV Fan; 10-02-2012 at 04:01 PM.