View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #475
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Default Re: What if Justice League bombs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
I think if the buzz is good and the reviews are good, the film will do well. Many people thought opening Captain America up the week after Harry Potter was suicide, and it wound up doing enough to warrant a sequel. Superman has to recoup a bigger budget, but he's a much more popular character than Cap was when his first film hit.
True, but Cap benefitted that Harry Potter was very front loaded, it did have a 60% drop in week 2 against Cowboys and Aliens, but recovered nicely and had a great run in August. I don't think MoS can afford the same luxury, if it has a 60% ween 2 drop then the film won't recover it's budget.

I think it's important to point out that Batman Begins was one of the best film of the summer of 2005, but it labored to 200M. Now it only had a 150M budget so that helped.

We will see what happens, but I've seen this with too many films. Like I said other than sequels or animated films, June openings don't do very well.