View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 12:23 PM   #901
Suzanne78
Abs Without Fear

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Makes you wonder what Hollywood execs are thinking sometimes when they allow such massive turds like Origins to squeeze out of their collective buttholes.

Not gonna lie, that movie and X3 were so motherloving terrible that it killed it for me. They're the direct reason why I have't seen The Wolverine yet. It's strange because Jackman is so dedicated to the role, but Fox has not been giving him anything legitimate to work with.
X-Men and X2 are in my top 10 CBMs of all time, but I loathed Last Stand and Origins and was pretty meh on First Class, so I feel this. I'll check out The Wolverine when it comes out on DVD for sure, because I have to see every CBM that comes out. I love Jackman's dedication to Logan; he makes a great Wolverine. It does seem like this movie does give him more to work with though, judging by the online responses.

Also, TW actually passed Bechdel, which the MCU aside from Thor has yet to do.

I'm hoping CA:TWS gives us some good scenes with the females that pass the test. I mean, if Wolverine and Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters can do it...