View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 06:06 AM   #809
kit1982
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Cleverley and Henderson fall into the same bracket as Barry and Milner for me, decent squad players at club level, but shouldn't be starting for clubs with trophy ambitions and aren't Internationals. Against Germany I'd like to see Lallana and Townsend start as they offer something different on each side, but I wouldn't object to Rodriguez playing again, these players need more than one game if they are gonna become Internationals. That's the thing with Baines, he's great offensively but there are question marks defensively. Yeah without Gerrard we looked a little square in CM, Wilshire tried to bring the ball out but he had no one giving him and option as Milner and Lamps were both static.
Yep with you there mate, I've always hated how certain players got 45 minutes to prove themselves internationally, you wouldn't sign a player then dump him straight away if he had an average debut. On the same point I don't for a minute understand why Joe Hart is starting against Germany on Tuesday, we all know what he can do, we're meant to judge Fraser Forsters one game or John Ruddy's half a game against Hart's 37??

On Lallana and Townsend, they just look typical Manchester United players to me mate. Obviously there's a massive difference in Quality between the two but Townsend has that raw pace and power out wide I associate with you lot. Just a shame you've got Fellaini and Young instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
My previous joke aside I really hope you get back up, it'll add to the PL big games IMO. If McCormack can become a regular scorer that will be the difference in my view, as if you look at teams that have gone up recently it's been more about the attack than the defense in the championship. What additions do you feel you'd need in January to get up this season?
We desperately need Wingers, we don't have any at the club and the likes of Zaha, Ince, Kebe and Brady in recent years have shown how important they are in this league. Poor old 31 year old Stephen Warnocks expected to graft up and down the pitch as a wing back for 46+ games a year, which is fine if you're Patrice Evra but sadly there aren't a lot of them in this league! We've got 6 foot 6 Matt Smith upfront as well as Dexter Blackstock who is good in the air and as much as I don't want hoofball back, it seems silly not to make the most of them and at least be direct as a plan B.

It'd be great to just have big games under the floodlights again at Elland Road, it's got that same feel as Goodison and White Hart Lane when it's rocking. I'll always remember when you lot played Galatasary and a journo was asking Fergie about the atmosphere in the stadium overawing them, to which Fergie replied "You think it's bad here, you should try going to Leeds".

God I miss Fergie