View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #755
Stephen K. Hone
Side-Kick

Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
It's on the net everywhere.
Worse, they r consulting Frank Miller who disliked superman and did him dumb and weak.
And of course everything on the net is true! I think from a business standpoint, luring Bale back to reprise the TDK role for MOS2 with $15-20 million and points on the back end, has the potential to be a B.O. Bonanza. Casting someone else in the role guarantees nothing unless it is stunt casting by going with a Dicaprio, Depp, or some other big name who can get butts in seats. I don't want to see that happen and I'm hoping they wave lots of money in Bale's face to where he'd be a fool to decline the offer. He's been very good for WB bottom line, and IMO he is totally worth it in the same way RDJ was worth paying $50 million+ for Disney/Marvel in TA. Btw for those saying $50 million is to much consider that without Bale MOS2 could make $800- $900 million but with him it could break a billion then that $50 million is money well spent. If he gets points on the back end based on B.O. receipts then WB is not risking a lot if the movie underperformed

Last edited by Stephen K. Hone; 08-11-2013 at 11:19 AM.