View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #763
Tobias
Side-Kick

Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKKS085 View Post
I'm saying, had it been a better/better received/more broadly appealing film (strike out what does not apply), it would have kept its screens despite new releases. It's not rocket science, if the demand stood at a higher level it wouldn't have lost so many screens to the competition, especially that fast.

However, it's now clear that WB is not exactly happy with how things turned out and they are more inclined to build upon and use what MoS created to expand their universe instead of giving it proper sequel (and I regret that despite the fact that I'm extremely excited by their Batman/Superman film).
I think this is true. MOS is not getting a sequel. We are getting basically WF. After that? I doubt there will be a stand-alone MOS. If we see Superman after WF it will likely be only in JL films.

The reviews and the numbers are what they are. The huge opening saved the film. The sharp falloff is muted by that opening.

Still if WB was expecting what some here said and what Robinov indeed did say then MOS was a big disappointment. And that is why WB is not giving MOS a sequel but a team film.

Last edited by Tobias; 08-12-2013 at 12:25 PM.