View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #741
xeno000
IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuffleboard View Post
Another person who saw the film in Paris yesterday:
Thank you for posting that, shuffleboard.

All of the Twitter reaction that I've read so far has been great. People who saw the film are positively raving about it, which is exactly what we want to hear. Some of the tweeters have said that once Marvel's embargo is over they'll be posting their reviews, and that they'll be good. If WOM stays this good the film is going to be a juggernaut.

Although it's annoying that the domestic market gets IM3 later than most, this is a good strategy on Marvel's part. When reaction pours in from the OS markets on Twitter it will raise the hype for the movie to insane levels stateside. The same thing happened with TA last year.

It’s something that’s easy to take for granted, growing up in the United States as a white male, that my cinematic heroes look like me...It’s something that over the course of these ten years, having a certain amount of power over what type of movies are made and what type of actors we hire, I want everybody to have that feeling. We don’t take it for granted that people want to see themselves reflected in our heroes and our characters.