View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 03:12 PM   #47
merced
Banned User

Default Re: The Official Superman Fan Art & Manips Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Supe's Girl View Post
Actually you can find men's briefs for Superman, Batman, Star Wars... that is if you venture into a WalMart.

Yes, when my 11yr old was watching "Superman Returns" last year, he asked me if Brandon Routh was "Bad Superman" because the colors of the suit were so dark.
I had to tell him that no it wasn't the bad version of Superman, just a new suit with darker colors... he knows his Superman!
You know what you can do if you have screen capture software (it's free off the net) - play Superman Returns. Go to any scene with Superman in it but mainly the confronttion beat up Superman scene.

Capture several snapshots and save them to your picture folder. Then, using simple edit software (if you have Microsoft it's part of your package) brighten the background, make the colors lighter and deeper. Experiment.

You'll find what a difference brighter suit colors make to the whole sense of the scene. The other thing you'll notice is - you'll se things in the scene that you hadn't on film because that scene was too dark. So it wasn't just the dark suit but also the general dark backgrounds used way too much in SR - IMHO.