View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 05:40 AM   #556
BMM
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Let's forget about O'Hottie for a second. Us suggesting him to be Banshee and/or Havok is obviously a joke.
I'm not so sure about that, particularly with regards to the person I quoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Young Erik and Fassbender Erik. It was difficult for me to believe, that *that* kid would grow up to be Fassbender. Yet here we are.

Many movies in the past have cast different looking actors for younger/older counterparts. It's only really ever brought up if the acting is not up to snuff. If the acting is good, why the hell not. Again still not talking about Mr. Leprechaun.
Because it may not be necessary. We're not talking about the forgivable difference between child actors and adult actors. We're talking about two guys who were already in their early twenties when they shot First Class and are three years older now. Essentially, that makes the 11 year difference an 8 year difference, and that isn't much--not to the extent Jones and Till's faces and body types would transform into some of the replacement actors suggested in this thread. Could they be replaced? Sure. But I think the switch may be more jarring and less believable than the likes of childhood Erik transforming into adulthood Erik, especially when no one else in the cast is being replaced on account of the time difference. Who knows? Maybe that's one of the reasons they're seemingly being left out.