View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 04:09 PM   #74
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
hmmmn I guess - I mean I kinda see both sides to this, it is only a title after all
At the end of the day all the little details aside, it was simply a mismatch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
Correct. RDM was indeed caretaker only, and if Guardiola had not ruled himself out and wanted the Chelsea job, RDM would not have been given the proper job in the summer, even with the CL and FA cup wins. As it was Roman only gave him a 2 year contract.

Benetiz moaning about his job title now, 3 months later and £1.5 million pounds richer after accepting that title, is just another example of his never ending excuse making.
I thought that was the case with RDM and it didn't seem to affect his ability to motivate the players or get the fans support, in fact despite some bad league form the fans still seemed to want him given the job and time to develop his own side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
New one-year deal for Ryan Giggs

Yay

So long as Giggs's signing for one more year doesn't impact any potential summer midfield signings (which it will), I have no problems as he can have a role to play in a handful of games.

It's somewhat sad to see a legend like Giggs stay on for so long, I hate seeing him be marked out of a game by somebody who you just know that an in his prime Giggs would have absolutely ripped to pieces.
He's been good since Christmas and actually recovered form by playing in his old left wing position, so I'm not rolling my eyes at this but at the same time I can't help but think the old adage of "Quit while you're ahead" is something Giggs should really give consideration to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
Thank you for all of that Hunter. Nice to see some understanding of how Chelsea fans feel, and acknowledgement of Benetez's blame shifting is welcome too.

And totally agreed on the bold. The optimist in me vainly hoped it could work out, but the realist always thought it was a bloody terrible idea. Whoever it was on the board or backroom staff (many think it was Micheal Emenalo) suggested Rafa should be joining him when he exits the club.
I can see where you are coming from, an outside perspective doesn't get the emotions that are involved, things are not so easily forgiven when you are the person(s) directly insulted and then asked to accept the insulter as your leader so to speak.

Interesting I thought Rafa was a 100% Roman choice based around his resistance to accepting the Torres deal was a dud.