View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 10:16 PM   #76
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Discussion Thread: The Dwightmare is Over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
This! Durant is a good player but he is not what people are hyping him up to be. I've heard people argue that its him and LeBron and everyone else but I'm sorry, its LeBron and everyone else. I think the playoffs showed just how close he and Melo are.
IMO, KD was never better than Carmelo offensively (or period really) as far as dynamic ability & skills, he just plays a smarter & more efficient game because he's a lot more passive and gets 8-10 calls a game on the perimeter (somehow) that keep his scoring average high.

But he's just a jumpshooter, a tremendous one, but that's about it. Dirk didn't win until he developed a post game and Durant won't either until he does the same. It really comes down to likeability, and because KD comes off as the humble antithesis to Lebron, he gets a lot of passes in the media. CP3 as well, for someone heralded as the best PG basically since he's been in the league, he's done remarkably less than most superstars of his perceived talent in the postseason, with no backlash. Yet. That's about to change however...

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather