View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #205
Sakuraba
Seer of Visions

Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 14 "Prey" Discussion Thread

I agree. This was the first episode that felt like survival horror to me since I don't know when. The warehouse scene was great precisely because they took the horror cliches but remixed it with their own unique elements like the Governor using sounds to stir walkers. I liked how it looked helpless for Andrea, but she turned it around on the Governor. (Great moment for a character that needs it!) Then the governor snatching her was great. It got a response out of everyone of the seven people I watch with.

The one thing I didn't like was the walkers jumping her on the side of the road. They tipped what was coming by lingering on her resting on the tree and slowly panning the camera to the walker popping up. That was the one thing that truly felt cliche and bad.

Other than that, the entire episode had a very dark and ominous feel to it. The wind blowing in every scene, the torture chamber, Andrea's doomed escape, the pit, the truck chasing Andrea, the warehouse scene, the mass of charred walkers still undead, and ultimately Andrea getting kidnapped. It was a great, uncomfortable episode.