View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 12:56 PM   #28
SuperFerret
King of the Urban Jungle

Default Re: Do you want an origin story or he has been supers and we get flashbacks of the pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman_200 View Post
I think there has not been a great Superman movie that is serious all the way through without camp that happens to be an origin. I would like to see the origin story (which is my favorite) correctly. By correctly I mean treated seriously, without campy jokes or campy villains to ruin the experience and with modern special effects. Christopher Reeve did the best possible job with what he was given but Gene Hackman was too campy as was everyone else in Metropolis and I'd like to forget Otis existed. So definitely, an origin story that establishes him from birth to adulthood.

Treat the character seriously, respectfully and stop with the camp. No disrespect to anyone who is religious but I think the story of (insert here the name of any religious character you would like) would be treated seriously in a movie no matter how impossible it could be. So, I expect the same kind of treatment for a character that is just as fictional (in my opinion) as whatever god, angel, demon, etc. you'd like to name.
And the award for most random tangents in a single post goes to...

I'd prefer an established Superman. Everyone knows the origin already, no need to see it again.

SuperFerret is offline   Reply With Quote