View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 03:06 PM   #34
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: Do you want an origin story or he has been supers and we get flashbacks of the pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
I'd prefer an established Superman. Everyone knows the origin already, no need to see it again.
Everyone knows, fewr people understand, and even fewer care. They need to care for the movie to be good. "Everyone" also knew Batman's origin in 2005, but the movie was a lot better for exploring it from a new angle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Van Sixx View Post
But are you guys worried that by following such a format, the film will be accused of aping the success of Batman Begins? In which case it'll be nicknamed Superman Begins, and people will see it as merely adapting a successful formula, rather than standing on its own two feet. I want to see a Superman movie that's unique. But I've changed my opinion about the origin and now believe it's integral to a proper reboot.
Whoa, whoa, back in reality, when have the masses ever rejected something because it's "merely adapting a successful formula?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
I don't see where I said original...

I just said I hope they do something similar to BB and start at a point in the story we haven't seen before, rather than simply starting at the beginning.

I'm fully aware that a non linear structure is not 'original' in films.
This is where I am. Aping Begins' non-linear origin story is, imho, the way to go. It's not overdone, and most people aren't savvy enough to draw the lines, at least not during the viewing. The movie can linearly deal with Clark's introduction to Metropolis, while dealing with Smallville in flashbacks. I mean, the scene where he walks into his childhood home as Superman is MADE for a flashback...

Extra points if Krypton is not the first thing we see.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote