View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 06:51 PM   #187
Showtime
Your Friend In Time

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I don't remember the BB ad (if I ever even saw it).

I understand the logic of not really needing to advertise the third film of a trilogy compared to a film in MOS's position. But, given how the general audience reacts to Super Bowl commercials compared to people on sites such as this, I understand the logic of WB not advertising too.

Did Inception have a Super Bowl ad?
As Filmnerdjamie and I were discussing earlier today, Super Bowl ads are more popular than ever. There are articles after articles talking about upcoming commercials and sites run them after the fact. Whether it be Doritos, Avengers, or Bud Light. Super Bowl ads have become part of pop culture.

Quote:
An estimated 111.3 million people watched the New York Giants defeat the New England Patriots, 21-17, Nielsen said Monday afternoon.
It's the best way to reach the broadest of audiences. For the third time in as many years, last year's Super Bowl was most watched television broadcast ever.

Does it mean the movie won't succeed if they don't? No. I just think that is a missed opportunity to showcase the world's greatest hero.