View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #122
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'adore View Post
Yes but the Amazons are just one step higher from humans. That's what I don't get. They aren't aliens, or gods. They are an army of 'previously human' women re-born in to quasi demi-god warriors. Diana's path to graduating the island was learning how to live in human society. I didn't like Joss' direction. I'm sure he could come up with something better.
I feel like being taught the ways of Man by Amazons and actually experiencing it would be two very different things. She's from a completely different society that does now see itself as being "above" the world of mankind (for centuries at this point), so the culture shock of that should be a HUGE part of her origin story, imo. But you didn't like it, fair enough.

As I said, it reminds me of the '09 animated movie (with added world-traveling) and I've mentioned before in this thread that I think that movie could make for a great starting-point for a big-screen WW adaptation, so it sounded fine by me.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."