View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #565
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
As much as I LOVE Sinestro (one of my favorite DC villains), what can he do differently than Green Lantern?

I mean, I can see how Atrocitus or Larfleeze could bring something different to the gameplay, but how can Sinestro?
The Lanterns should be the easy to differentiate. Sinestro could throw out fear based constructs such as wicked looking blades and feral/savage looking alien beasts while Jordan uses more earth based tools and weapon constructs. If you are looking for a more technical answer, the different constructs can have different frame-rate, movement, screen-possession, and hit properties. They could make them as different as they want; for example, giving one distinct advantages as a ranged zoner and one distinct advantage at aerial rush-down tactics. They could also intentionally keep them similar with slight differences; for example, lanterns seem like they should be zoners so have Sinestro excel at controlling air-space with his alien constructs, while Hal excels at controlling the mid-short range space.

"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you."