View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #221
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: Is Batman justified when he refuses to kill? Do you wish he was more like Superma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Seriously, I kept thinking does Bruce really have no problem with killing because there was Ra's and Harvey. And possible Scarecrow with the hallucinogen.

I still don't see a need to have him kill in order to make that rule. Perhaps, it would've been better if they had shown him set the rule in the first place or reflect on it instead of moving on as if it never happened. In the end, I'm just "whatever" about this version of the character and will be ready for the next one.

I think Weaving pretty much said he wasn't interested in playing the role again. I was kinda surprised that they didn't bring him up in Avengers. Like Cap just wondering what really happened to him. Even so, since they established Cap as a soldier, it was clear he'd have no real problem with killing Red Skull if needed.
Trust me Marvel doesn't need Hugo to cash in on their Red Skull investment. He'll be back.

As for cap, I'm more referring to how the fans respond to a iconic colourful hero killing people at will. However you make a good point about how the characters react to doing such things. I do think however superman letting out an agonizing yell vs cap just reloading his gun speaks volumes on the matter.
I also think ending the movie on a sense of triumph and not him dwelling and reflecting on losses is very much in the superman tradition. No point in Snyder hedging the lawn any further

Either way, I'm glad they set the rule in such a way. It's def more in the show don't tell vain of things. Going forward anyways.

And batman killed talia as well.