View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 09:37 PM   #3
ZeroDarkThirty
Side-Kick

Default Re: X-Men: Ascent of the Phoenix

INT. X-JET-DAY

The X-Jet sliced through the clouds as Ororo sat in the pilot's seat, Xavier sitting next to her while Logan paced in the back. They sat in silence when suddenly Xavier heard someone call to him, telepathically.

JEAN: (O.S)
Professor!

Xavier groaned loudly as he clutched his head and tumbled to the floor of the jet.

ORORO:
Professor!

Logan had saw what had happened and ran to his side. He carefully grabbed his arms and helped him back into his seat.

LOGAN:
What happened?

Once he saw sitting again, Xavier's eyes darted to the sides as he tried to communicate with whomever it was that just contacted him.

ORORO:
Are you okay?

XAVIER:
I sensed something. Scott is at the lake...something has happened there.

LOGAN:
What?

XAVIER:
I don't know. I'm trying to concentrate but…my telepathy is being blocked.

INT. ALKALI LAKE

Arriving at Alkali Lake, Ororo sat the jet down as gently as possible before lowering the ramp. Logan pushed the Professor's wheelchair down, and immediately entered a thick fog.

LOGAN:
I can't see a damn thing.

Ororo's eyes rolled in the back of her head and the fog quickly dissipates. Logan looked incredulously at the multitude of the floating rocks littering the air. Droplets of water fall upwards from leaves.

LOGAN:
What's happening here?

Ororo looked to the Professor.

ORORO:
Do you sense anything now?

XAVIER:
By the woods.

Logan began making his way towards the woods. He sniffed and he sensed the presence of another person. He suddenly heard a groan and he quickly ran until he saw a man laying on his side on the ground, trying to get back to his feet.

It was Scott.

Running over to his side, Logan gently grabbed him and helped him sit up.

LOGAN:
Scott? What happened? What are you doing here?

Scott completely ignored him and looked around widely.

SCOTT:
Jean? Where is she?

LOGAN:
What are you talking about?

SCOTT:
She's alive! Jean is alive!

Scott staggered to his feet and tried to run but he nearly collapsed again. Logan caught him and threw his arm over his shoulder, helping him back to the jet but Scott tried getting away from him the whole time.

LOGAN:
Stop fighting me.

SCOTT:
No! Find Jean!

Meanwhile, Ororo was making her way down to the lake when she stopped in her tracks at what she saw…or rather what she didn't see.

The lake…Alkali Lake was gone.

The water was completely dried up, what she saw in front of her was a giant mass of land. Her mouth hung open in shock as she continued looking upon what use to be a lake, too stunned to take her eyes off of it. Finally, she heard the yell of the Professor;

XAVIER:
Ororo! Logan!

She forced herself to turn around and run towards the rocks, where she had heard the Professor's call to her. When she finally reached him she stopped again at what he was looking down at. A woman.

Jean.

Xavier then spoke in a whisper, so soft she barely heard him;

XAVIER: (Con't)
She's alive. Scott was right.

In disbelief, Ororo went over and dropped down next to her. Jean's eyelids fluttered briefly, but didn't open. That motion but her in action.

ORORO:
Logan! Over here!

Having taken Scott to the jet, Logan ran to the rocks after hearing Ororo yell and his eyes widened in shock when he saw Xavier and Ororo hovering over the body of Jean Grey.

LOGAN:
Jean?

ORORO:
We have to get her medical attention.

Logan forced himself to move forward and gently picked Jean up, carrying her back to the jet as Ororo pushed Xavier's wheelchair.

INT. X-JET

SCOTT:
Jean? Is she alright?

Scott looked on as Logan ran up the ramp and carefully placed her down on the floor of the jet.

LOGAN:
I don't know. We need to get her back to the mansion.

SCOTT:
I told you, Professor! Damn it, why couldn't you listen to me!?

Xavier didn't respond once he and Ororo were on the jet, Ororo ran over to the pilot's seat.

ORORO:
I'll try to get us back as fast as I can.

XAVIER:
Wait Ororo, not to the mansion.

ORORO:
Then where?

Xavier closed his eyes for a moment before looking over to Ororo.

XAVIER:
Muir Island.

INT. XAVIER INSTITUTE-STUDENT LOUNGE

Warren and Kitty were on the couch, Kitty sitting on Warren's lap as they smiled at each other. Kitty then leaned down to kiss him-

JUBILEE:
Hey guys, have you seen Logan anywhere?

Warren sighed as Jubilee walked in.

KITTY:
We saw the jet take off a little bit ago. He must have left. The Professor and Storm are gone too.

JUBILEE:
But Logan was supposed to let me train today.

WARREN:
Jub, has anyone ever told you...that you're annoying?

Letting out a fake gasp, Jubilee then reached out and flicked Warren in the ear.

WARREN:
Ow!

JUBILEE:
My job is to annoy you.

WARREN:
Well, you're great at your job.

Pitor then walked in, having heard the conversation.

PITOR:
I'll do the introductory session with you, Jubilee. It will take my mind off some things.

JUBILEE:
Thank you, Pitor. You guys want to come?

Warren looked to Kitty who shrugged.

KITTY:
Why not? The movie we were going to see doesn't start for another hour.

Kitty and Warren got up and walked with Pitor and Jubilee down to the Danger Room.

INT. THE DANGER ROOM

While Pitor set the controls, Jubilee stood with Warren and Kitty looking around the large, domed room with a somewhat stunned look on her face. It was a little overwhelming being in here.

JUBILEE:
Now, uh...just how dangerous is this?

KITTY:
Well, there's a safety protocol installed to prevent fatalities, but you can get hurt.

WARREN:
I've gotten hurt a few times.

Jubilee now looked scared which Kitty noticed.

KITTY:
You sure you want to do this?

JUBILEE:
What? Yes...of course I'm sure.

Pitor then walked in and the doors closed behind him. The room began to do its usual thing, as it changed into the level 1 setting. The group of four then found themselves...

INT. XAVIER INSTITUTE-GROUNDS-NIGHT

They were now standing in front of the school. Jubilee looked around before she could see in the distance a bunch of soldiers coming at them. Colossus metaled up while Archangel extended his wings.

JUBILEE:
What do we do?

COLOSSUS:
Defend the school. Stop the soldiers from getting in.

SHADOWCAT:
We have to stop them for two minutes. That's how long the session is.

Jubilee nodded as she began sending blasts of her fireworks at the soldiers. Shadowcat dove forward and grabbed one around the knees before dragging him through the ground, leaving him sunken in at chest level.

Archangel spun, taking out two with his wings. Colossus picked up one and tossed him far up into the air, he crash landed on a group of three soldiers. He then looked over at Jubilee.

COLOSSUS:
Keep going! You're doing fine!

Colossus hit one with a punch, then another. A solider then ran right through Shadowcat but she spun around and grabbed his shoulders, slamming him to the ground. Archangel used his wings to lung up and smash his forehead against the head of a solider.

Some more continued coming at them and Jubilee even more sparks while the others continued fighting. They didn't have much time left and so they were close to successfully completing the level. Shadowcat leveled a solider with a punch, then a kick to the jaw. Jubilee tried to throw a punch herself but her wrist was caught. She sent sparks into his eyes and the solider cried out as he was blinded and stumbled around until he was closelined by Colossus.

Finally, about a dozen soldiers came at them at the same time. Archangel, Shadowcat, Jubilee, and Colossus all grabbed each others arms, forming a human chain but just as quick as they appeared they began to vanish into nothing. The grounds of the school started to disappear as the Danger Room shifted back into its normal self.

COMPUTER VOICE:
Simulation complete.

Jubilee panted.

JUBILEE:
Wow, that was fun. Let's do that again.

She was afraid at first, but a bright smile was now on her face. At that moment she knew that she had found her calling.

This was what she was born to do.

INT. BEACH-FLORIDA-AFTERNOON

Standing with his back up against a lifeguard tower, a gold lighter with a design of a dragon was opened, lit, and the closed. PYRO was watching the waves as he repeated the action. He was surprised that no one was at the beach today, or at least not at the part he was currently at.

Absent-mindedly, he formed a fireball in his right hand and began playing around with it for a minute before extinguishing it. He then continued to stare at the water while playing with his lighter at the same time.

VOICE:
Mon ami, you got a cigarette?

Pyro must have really been daydreaming because he never saw the guy walk up. GAMBIT, a young man around his age, maybe a few years older stood a few feet from him. He was wearing a brown leather trench coat, black gloves with the fingers cut off and a pair of WX sunglasses.

PYRO:
Sorry, I don't smoke.

GAMBIT:
Ya seem to have a strong attachment to that lighter, for a non-smoker.

PYRO:
You have no idea.

Gambit then walked up and leaned against the tower next to him before pulling out a pack of playing cards that he began shuffling in his hands.

GAMBIT:
That was quite a trick you did.

PYRO:
You saw that, huh?

GAMBIT:
Hard to miss. My name's Remy, you?

Pyro opened his lighter, lit it and stared at the flame.

PYRO:
John.

GAMBIT:
Well, I've got a couple tricks up my sleeve as well.

Taking out the ace of spades, Gambit made the card glow a dark purple color as Pyro watched, transfixed. He then held it above their heads, burning it away until all that was left was sparkling ashes on the breeze.

A cocky grin then appeared on Gambit's face. It was a look Pyro knew all too well, since he was the one who usually wore it.

GAMBIT: (Con't)
Anyway, I was heading to the tavern, any interest in joining me for that?

PYRO:
I'm not twenty-one.

GAMBIT:
So?

Pyro shrugged.

PYRO:
What the hell?

Gambit smirked as he led the way and together they walked away from the beach and down the street.

INT. BLUE BOAT TAVERN

PLAYER #1
You in or you out?

Gambit sat at a table engaged in a poker game with three other PLAYERS. Pyro in the meantime sat at the bar drinking a glass of cherry Dr. Pepper.

GAMBIT:
I see your fifty, and I raise you a hundred.

PLAYER #1.
Damn it, you better not be bluffing.

Pyro occasionally glanced at the card game before he just ignored it completely and stared down at his new lighter he clutched in his hand.

PLAYER #2:
Hey, you're cheating!

GAMBIT:
Now, now, this here's just a friendly game of poker.

PLAYER #2:
Bull! You have half a deck up your sleeve!

The man across from Gambit knocked his chair back and flipped the table, but Gambit spun away, his coat whirling around him dramatically as he pulled out a long metal staff. He charged it up and nailed him across the jaw, taking him out. The first player came at him with a fist, Gambit managed to duck away mostly, but it still caught the edge of his glasses and sent them flying.

Pyro then released a stream of flame at the man, which caused him to crash against the wall. His body caught fire and got up screaming, desperately trying to put himself out but only caused the tavern to catch on fire.

Gambit turned back to look at him, and Pyro was momentarily transfixed when he saw his eyes. The pupils were black and the iris' were red.

The fire quickly spread to the walls and ceiling of the bar. Gambit then pulled out a card, charged it up and threw it to the side, just a few feet away from a cluster of people, and two booths blew up in a burst of vinyl, splinters, and stuffing.

Ignoring the shouts and cries from the others in the tavern, Pyro laughed while taking control of the fire again as his body temperature continued to go up, his heart rate quickening as the bar completely went up in flames.

He then felt a hand on his shoulder, snapping him back to reality.

GAMBIT:
Mon ami, as much fun as it is to watch your show, we need to be going.

EXT. BLUE BOAT TAVERN

Gambit and Pyro ran from the tavern as the flames began climbing towards the sky.

INT. BOARDWALK

They finally came to a stop. Gambit leaned against the railing, arms crossed over his chest as he tried to slow his breathing. Pyro clenched and unclenched his fist as stared at the burning tavern in the distance, a grin coming to his face.

Gambit then gave him a slow, golf clap.

GAMBIT:
Very impressive...fire-starter.

The other mutant took a deep breath.

PYRO:
I control fire. I can't create it.

GAMBIT:
Doesn't seem to hold you back.

PYRO:
Yeah, well...it does.

Gambit then raised an eyebrow, a thought coming to mind.

GAMBIT:
That can be changed.

Pyro cocked his head.

PYRO:
What do you mean?

GAMBIT:
You trust me, mon ami?

Pyro couldn't help but laugh a little.

PYRO:
Uh...sure. I trust you.

Gambit motioned with his hand for him to follow.

GAMBIT:
Come with me.

INT. SIDEWALK-DOWNTOWN

Gambit and Pyro walked down the sidewalk, heading west.

PYRO:
Where are we going?

GAMBIT:
To a compound, run by a mutant called Sinister.

PYRO:
Who exactly is this guy?

GAMBIT:
He's a mutant scientist. He collects genetic samples of other mutants DNA. Usually by force.

PYRO:
What for?

GAMBIT:
Supposedly to create the ultimate mutant.

Pyro then outstretched his arm in front of Gambit's chest, stopping him from continuing to walk.

PYRO:
So why would I want to meet him?

GAMBIT:
Cause, mon ami, he can help you with your...handicap. If you're interested follow me. If not, you're free to go your own way.

Gambit moved ahead as Pyro watched him before taking out his lighter. He flipped it open, lit it and stared at the flame, full well knowing he had nothing to go back to. Closing the lighter back up, Pyro continued to follow the other mutant.

Last edited by ZeroDarkThirty; 08-09-2017 at 06:17 AM.
ZeroDarkThirty is offline   Reply With Quote