View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 09:11 AM   #6
ZeroDarkThirty
Side-Kick

Default Re: X-Men: Ascent of the Phoenix

INT. BATHROOM-MUTANT RESEARCH CENTER-NIGHT

Scott had just gotten done showering and was now standing in front of a mirror, shaving with an electric razor. Once finished, he threw on a t-shirt and opened the door, stepping into the spare bedroom Moira was letting him and Jean share for the night.

INT. BEDROOM

Jean was staring at an oil painting up on the wall. It was of a phoenix bird rising up into a night sky with bright stars. Yellowish-gold flames surrounded the bird. Scott walked up next to her to look at the painting as well.

JEAN:
It's beautiful isn't it? The phoenix...a mythical bird. It dies in flames only to be reborn again from it's ashes. It's life incarnate, now and forever.

SCOTT:
That's kind of how you rose up out of the lake. Like a phoenix.

JEAN:
Really?

SCOTT:
Yes. It was quite a sight to see. One I'll never forget.

JEAN:
Should that be my name then?

Scott's brows furrowed.

SCOTT:
What?

Jean smiled.

JEAN:
My codename. I never did have one like the rest of you.

SCOTT:
You never could come up with one.

JEAN:
Well now I am.

SCOTT:
Alright...Phoenix. It sounds good to me.

She then reached out and stroked the side of Scott's face.

JEAN:
Thanks for shaving. You looked terrible. Now all we have to do is trim your hair.

SCOTT:
Yeah, well. It's been hard without you.

JEAN:
What made you come back to Alkali Lake?

SCOTT:
I kept having these visions of you drowning, crying out to me to save you. I wasn't sure whether that was really you calling me telepathically through our bond or if I was going crazy.

JEAN:
I'm so sorry.

SCOTT:
For what?

JEAN:
It sounds like I was tormenting you. I'm sorry, I didn't know that I was doing it.

SCOTT:
You have nothing to apologize for. It's what led me back to you.

He reached out and took her hands in his. They just stared at each other for a few moments, Jean looking intently at Scott's sunglasses before saying;

JEAN:
There's something I…

SCOTT:
What is it?

JEAN:
I've always wanted to see your eyes.

Scott cocked his head at Jean.

SCOTT:
Jean…you know that I can't.

JEAN:
I can't explain it, but I feel different. I can control it, I know I can.

She then slowly reached up towards his glasses but Scott took a step back.

SCOTT:
I don't want to hurt you.

JEAN:
Trust me. I want you to be able to see me.

Jean stepped towards him and reached up to remove his glasses. Scott's eyes were closed as Jean then put her palms up to his temples, Jeans eyes were now glowing orange again.

JEAN: (Con't)
It's alright, Scott. You won't hurt me.

Scott slowly opens his eyes. For a moment they flash red, then the red light of his optic beams dims down, as it it's being pushed back into his eyes, until it all but disappears revealing a pair of clear, blue eyes.

Scott blinked and and stares in astonishment. He looked around left and right, seeing the world in full color for the first time since he was teenager.

SCOTT:
Wow…

Scott puts his gaze and full attention back on Jean. He is awed at seeing her in full color for the very first time. Jean smiled as she set the sunglasses down on the dresser.

JEAN:
I just healed your eyes. You'll never have to wear those again.

SCOTT:
How did you...?

Jean looked down at her hands.

JEAN:
I really don't know. I've never felt power like this before. I feel...like I can do anything. Anything I can think of.

She looked up at him.

JEAN: (Con't)
This doesn't make any sense.

SCOTT:
The Professor and Moira will figure things out in the morning.

Scott then took a step towards her and placed his hands on the sides of her face.

SCOTT: (Con't)
Until then...

He then moved closer and kissed her deeply. Jean returned the kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck. Slowly the two of them began moving backwards until they fell to side, landing softly on the bed.

INT. KITCHEN

Logan stood by the refrigerator with a glass of water in hand. It was almost midnight by he couldn't sleep, not after a day like this. Just when he raised the glass to his mouth did his old instincts take over him. He got the feeling that someone was close he turned his head to see who it was who had joined him in the room, it was to his surprise to see a small blonde haired teenager, maybe fourteen or fifteen.

The boy was awfully pale and had a strange look in his eyes. Logan didn't know how to respond, he had no idea that anyone else was on the island.

LOGAN:
Hey. What's your name, kid?

KEVIN:
Proteus.

LOGAN:
Right. Tell me that isn't your real name.

KEVIN:
Who are you? Where's my mom?

LOGAN:
Uhh…

Logan then wondered if he was Moira's kid.

LOGAN: (Con't)
Moira MacTaggert. Is she your mom?

Kevin didn't respond, he just continued to stare at him with his dark, almost black eyes. Logan shifted uncomfortably as he cleared his throat.

LOGAN:
Listen, it's late kid. Can you go back to bed, you're freaking me out.

Again, Kevin didn't say a word. Logan sighed before putting his glass down and walked out of the kitchen. Kevin didn't move, he just watched him until he was out of sight.

EXT. PATIO

Ororo was standing outside, watching the stars of the night sky when she heard the door open. She took a quick glance behind her to see that it was Logan coming outside before she returned her gaze to the sky.

ORORO:
I guess I'm not the only one who can't sleep tonight.

Logan walked up to stand next to her.

LOGAN:
Yeah, it's been a hell of a day.

ORORO:
It's still hard to believe isn't it? Jean's alive…it's a miracle.

Logan nodded but didn't say anything. Ororo turned her head to look at him and she could see that there was definitely something that was bothering him. And she knew what is was.

ORORO: (Con't)
You're still looking at her the same way.

LOGAN:
Am I?

ORORO:
She'll never love you the way you want her to.

LOGAN:
Yeah, I know. Girls flirt with the dangerous guy. They don't take him home.

ORORO:
What?

LOGAN:
They marry a good guy.

ORORO:
I'm not following you.

He sighed heavily as he recalled the conversation he had with Jean the night before the events of Alkali Lake.

LOGAN:
It's what Jean told me. That's why she chose Scott.

Ororo could have laughed at that.

ORORO:
Jean has been together with Scott ever since they were teenagers, Logan. Nothing or no one could break that relationship.

LOGAN:
No, it's not just that. She knew that I wasn't a good guy.

Ororo then stepped in front of him. A look of disbelief was now on her face.

ORORO:
You think you're a bad guy? Even after all you've done since you've been with us?

LOGAN:
I may not remember all of my past, but I know enough about what I did. And good people don't do those kind of things.

Ororo took a step closer to Logan. She reached out and put a hand on his wrist.

ORORO:
You know the good thing about not remembering your past? Whatever you were, whatever you did , it doesn't matter now. You get another chance to choose who you want to be. And you chose correctly this time around.

Logan glanced away from Ororo. He really didn't know how to respond.

ORORO: (Con't)
Maybe you should stop pining for a lost love and look at what's standing right in front of you.

His brows furrowed as he looked back at her. She was staring at him like she was waiting for him to make a move.

LOGAN:
Ororo-

Unbeknownst to him, Kevin was standing in the open doorway, looking upon the two of them. He was glaring heavily at Logan, who then suddenly gasped as he felt the strange invasion of his body. Logan's eyes then rolled up in the back of his head.

ORORO:
Logan!

Logan then lunged at her, grabbing her roughly by the shoulders. Ororo gasped in surprise and struggled, trying to get away from him. Logan then picked her up and threw her, causing her to crash through a glass table that was sitting on the patio.

SKINT

Logan's claws then unearthed from his knuckles as he began walking towards the fallen woman and kicked her in the stomach, knocking the air right out of her. Having no choice but to defend herself, Ororo crawled backwards though the glass as she began summoning up a lightning bolt.

The sky flashed and rumbled as thunder went off around the island. Finally, a bolt of lightning came down and struck Logan in the chest, causing him to fly backwards and crash through the glass windows, sending him back into the facility.

INT. BEDROOM

The noise caused both Scott and Jean to separate from each other, both looked startled.

SCOTT:
What was that?

INT. PATIO

Back outside, Ororo trembled as she slowly walked towards Logan's body, feeling both fear and concern as she looked down at him. Suddenly, Logan lunged up to his feet and stabbed Ororo in the stomach as she screamed in terror.

INT. HALLWAY

Running out of her room after hearing the commotion, Moira saw her son standing in the hallway and then looked on to see Logan standing over Ororo.

MOIRA:
Oh god, Kevin stop!

Moira ran to him just as Xavier appeared in his wheelchair and focused his powers on the child. Kevin's eyes gazed over as he collapsed in his mother's arms. Logan looked like he was about to stab Ororo again but stopped just in time as his eyes went back to normal.

He looked down in shock as he saw Ororo with a wound from his claws. Scott and Jean then ran towards them as Ororo continued to breathe deeply, tears of pain coming down her cheeks.

SCOTT:
What the hell did you do, Logan!?

LOGAN:
I don't know, I couldn't stop myself!

XAVIER:
Let's get her on a table.

JEAN:
No, wait.

Jean focused her powers on the wound. She raised her hand to Ororo's stomach and her hand began to glow with telekinetic energy. Ororo gasped as her back arched off the ground and after a second, the pain went away.

The wounds had been healed. Xavier watched the whole thing in amazement and looked at Jean.

In the meantime, Logan turned and snapped at Moira;

LOGAN:
What the hell was that!? What did your kid do to me!?

MOIRA:
I'm sorry, I thought the medication I gave him earlier would have kept him calm. He can possess people, that's his mutation. I'm so sorry, I should have told all of you.

LOGAN:
Yeah, that would have been a good idea.

He then carefully reached down and picked Ororo up in his arms, carrying her away. Moira watched him before looking back at the others.

MOIRA:
I'm so sorry.

XAVIER:
It's alright. I'm keeping Kevin stable for now. Let's just all go back to sleep, we'll clean this up in the morning.

Jean then went to help Moira with her son when Xavier looked at Scott's face and did a double take.

XAVIER: (Con't)
Scott, your eyes. What happened to your eyes?

SCOTT:
Jean healed them earlier.

Scott then took a deep breath as he put his hands on his hips. By the look on the Professor's face, he was probably thinking the same thing he was.

SCOTT:
Professor, how is Jean doing all this?

XAVIER:
I wish I had an answer, Scott. She's grown more powerful than I could have ever imagined.

SCOTT:
But she's still Jean...right?

XAVIER:
Let us hope.

EXT. MARAUDERS COMPOUND-LABORATORY-NIGHT

Sinister stood before the Marauders he had Gambit assemble for him. It was now time.

SINISTER:
Gambit. Pyro. Havok. Riptide. Harpoon. Scrambler. I forge you all into the deadliest and most destructive force this world has ever seen. From his day forth, you are the Marauders. I offer you power beyond imagination. Even more than I have already given you.

RIPTIDE:
What do you need us for? What do you want us to do?

SINISTER:
A culling of the herd.

HAVOK:
What does that mean?

SINISTER:
I believe that you all are familiar with Darwin's theory of evolution and survival of the fittest. We mutants are the top of the food chain, the highest rung on the evolutionary ladder. But it seems that some mutants out there passing their genes on are the wrong sort. They are known as Morlocks and they currently live beneath the ground. I look to all of you to snuff out these weakest links.

Pyro was now staring at him in disbelief.

PYRO:
You want us to kill a bunch of innocent, defenseless mutants?

SINISTER:
They are hardly innocent, and far from defenseless. Not to mention that most of them weren't even real to begin with.

SCRAMBLER:
Not real? What does that mean, not real?

SINISTER:
They were a creation of mine, a failed science experiment. I wouldn't even give them a second thought but unfortunately I discovered they have the ability to reproduce. If these rouge strands of work aren't dealt with, the Morlocks will continue on, contaminating the mutant gene pool. We can not allow that.

None of the Marauders looked at each other nor said a word. They just took in what had been told to them.

SINISTER: (Con't)
I have a stratojet waiting for us. It's time to go.

The Marauders all filed out one by one, all except for Gambit who was just staring at the floor in shock. He honestly looked like he may be sick.

GAMBIT:
You never told me this was the reason I was gathering these mutants for you.

Sinister approached him. Reaching out, he brushed Gambit's cheek with his hand.

SINISTER:
Gambit-

GAMBIT:
No!

Gambit took a step back and began shaking his head.

GAMBIT: (Con't)
I don't want...I can't. It would kill me.

SINISTER:
What would?

GAMBIT:
Killing. I can't do it again. It's what messed everything up for me in the first place.

SINISTER:
So, don't kill.

Sinister took another soft step toward him. Gambit stiffened, but didn't back away.

SINISTER: (Con't)
You don't have to kill, Gambit. The Marauders you've assembled can handle that. There are other things you can do. More useful things. I don't need another weapon.

GAMBIT:
So what do you need?

SINISTER:
I need an accomplice.

GAMBIT:
An accomplice?

SINISTER:
Yes. I never intended for you to be a weapon, my son. Certainly one day I hope you can be sharpened to a lethal edge, but I don't plan for that day to come for a long time. If I can help it, the day it's needed will never come. I'll be here, I can be the executioner.

Gambit took a deep breath.

GAMBIT:
I just want to go back to New Orleans. I want to try and fix things-

SINISTER:
You were exiled from New Orleans, Gambit. You know that. There's nothing you can do that will change things. You have no where else to go but to me.

GAMBIT:
What do you want me to do?

Sinister grinned.

SINISTER:
While the Marauders deal with the Morlocks, we will take what we need from the X-Men. And when it is done, they will see that evolution has just passed them by.

Last edited by ZeroDarkThirty; 08-18-2017 at 01:21 PM.
ZeroDarkThirty is offline   Reply With Quote