View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 05:12 AM   #10
ZeroDarkThirty
Side-Kick

Default Re: X-Men: Ascent of the Phoenix

EXT. XAVIER INSTITUTE GROUNDS-GARDEN

Jean walked through the garden that Ororo kept until she finally reached a memorial tree. Down on the ground in front of it was a plaque. Printed on it were the words;

'In loving memory of Jean Elaine Grey. Friend. Lover. Fighter.'

She telekinetically lifted the plaque up into the air until it was at eye-level. She continued to stare at it, focusing her power until the plaque changed into a solid diamond. Jean gasped as she reached out and took it into her hands.

JEAN:
Oh my.

Jean sent it floating back into the air. She turned the diamond into a plaque again, then turned it into a thick piece of gold.

INT. XAVIER INSTITUTE-FOYER

A eleven year old Native American girl, DANIELLE MOONSTAR was laying on her stomach with paper and crayons around her as she drew pictures. Suddenly, a large figure began to pass by her. Danielle looked up and stared blankly as Sinister smiled down at her before bringing his index finger to his lips, signaling for her to remain quiet.

INT. MASTER BEDROOM

Xavier was laying in bed on top of the covers as he stared up at the ceiling when the door was suddenly pushed open. Sinister now stood in the doorway. Upon seeing him, Xavier quickly sat up and stared at the mutant in shock.

SINISTER:
You seem surprised. You didn't sense my presence did you?

XAVIER:
Who are you?

SINISTER:
My name is Sinister. Mister Sinister.

Xavier closed his eyes and focused his telepathy, but as hard as he tried he found that he could not enter the other mutant's mind. The diamond on Sinister's forehead was glowing as he began to walk closer.

SINISTER: (Con't)
It will be easier if you don't resist. And...less dangerous.

Xavier gasped as he finally gave up. He now appeared exhausted from his attempt as he now breathed heavily.

XAVIER:
What do you want?

SINISTER:
Only two things. Where are Scott Summers and Jean Grey?

Narrowing his eyes, Xavier responded;

XAVIER:
You leave them alone.

Sinister laughed.

SINISTER:
Don't move.

Sinister grabbed Xavier by the collar before pulling him up off the bed and slamming him down into his wheelchair that sat next to the bed. He then grabs the handles and begins wheeling him out of his room.

INT. HALLWAY

XAVIER:
Where are you taking me?

SINISTER:
To the one true enemy of Professor Charles Xavier.

Sinister stops in front of the staircase.

Stairs.

He then shoves the wheelchair with all his might and Xavier went crashing down the staircase. His body tumbled down every step until Xavier landed on the ground, striking his head which knocked him out.

INT. HANGAR

Scott had been walking through the sub-complex of the mansion when a clanging noise in the hangar got his attention. Gambit was leaning up against the jet, metal staff in hand as he banged it on the ground.

As Scott approached him Gambit stopped and began to twirl the staff with his fingers.

GAMBIT:
Step right up, follow da spinning staff. Take your best shot, if ya dare.

SCOTT:
What are you doing in here?

Gambit shrugged.

GAMBIT:
Everyone's gotta be somewhere.

Scott wasn't on the defensive. He had been gone for months, maybe he was new here. Gambit however only smirked before quickly charging up his staff, swinging it at Cyclops' head who ducked and sent an optic blast at him.

Gambit leaped out of the way and came flying back at him, clipping Cyclops' ankle with his staff. Cyclops fell to the ground but when Gambit came over him, he sent a foot up to Gambit's stomach, knocking him backwards.

Gambit pulled out a few playing cards and charged them up, throwing them down at Cyclops.

Cyclops began rolling out of the way as the cards hit the ground and exploded one by one. He then rolled to his stomach and began firing more optic blasts from his eyes. Gambit dodged them with ease at the patterns he shot them in but was then hit in the shoulder which knocked him to the ground.

GAMBIT:
That's it!

Gambit pulled the rest of the deck out of the pocket, charged them all up and sent them at Cyclops at the same time. It blasted Cyclops hard in the chest and threw him backwards, knocking him violently against the wall.

Cyclops didn't move once he hit the ground and Gambit figured he was out. Gambit then turned his attention to the X-Jet. He put his hand on one of the wings, charged it up, then took his hand away causing the jet to explode.

INT. FOYER

Sinister walked down the stairs until he was standing over the Professor's crumbled body. He then turned his head to the left to see that Jean was now in the hallway, staring at the scene before her in horror.

JEAN:
What did you do?

Sinister smiled.

SINISTER:
Jean Grey.

Sinister then telekinetically threw her backwards and she was slammed against the wall. Jean pushed herself off and came at Sinister. They both circled each other with their arms extended in front of them, trying to gain the edge in a battle of telekinesis.

They tried pushing each other back but they found that neither one could really get the advantage.

SINISTER:
You've grown so much stronger over the years. I knew I was right.

He then pushed forward with more strength and Jean slowly began to go down to her knees.

But still no match for me.

Jean then snapped her head up to look at him, her eyes burning orange now. Sinister now seemed surprised as Jean began to push herself back up. Jean extended her hands and Sinister's feet began to slide backwards a little-

Gambit appeared from behind her and wrapped a mutant-inhibitor collar around her neck. Jean gasped when she was suddenly de-powered. Sinister then came at her, grabbing her head.

After a moment of concentration, Jean fainted and collapsed in his arms.

SINISTER:
Did you find Scott?

Gambit motioned with his head behind him and Sinister smiled when he saw Cyclops on the floor, knocked out with an inhibitor collar around his neck as well.

SINISTER:
Very good, son. Let's go, we have what we need.

INT. MADISON AVENUE

Several police cars and ambulances surrounded the giant hole in the street. Warren had been taken away to a hospital, he may never be the same due to the damage to his wings. Hank watched as Pitor was on a stretcher, being loaded into another ambulance. His organic steel had saved Pitor from certain death but he was not without injury. Several of his steel plates had been welded together and his left cheek was an indistinguishable blob of metal. And Jubilee...

Hank shook his head as tears came to his eyes. He was overwhelmed with guilt.

Logan who was driving on the motorcycle to the location on the map saw the scene up ahead and pull the bike on the side. He and Ororo got off the motorcycle and ran towards Hank.

LOGAN:
Hank!

ORORO:
Hank, what happened?

HANK:
We were attacked. Pitor and Warren have been taken to the hospital. And Jubilee...she's dead.

Ororo gasped.

ORORO:
What?

LOGAN:
What the hell was she doing with you! She wasn't trained!

HANK:
This wasn't supposed to happen!

ORORO:
What about Bobby? Kitty?

LOGAN:
And Rogue?

HANK:
Bobby wasn't with us. Rogue and Kitty...I don't know. They're missing.

Logan yelled out in rage as he punched Hank, knocking him to the ground.

ORORO:
Logan stop! This wasn't his fault!

Cops got in between all of them, however it was Ororo that kept Logan from releasing his claws and losing it completely. One of the cops helped Hank up as they all tried their best to keep calm.

POLICE OFFICER:
We found two survivors. Everyone else down there is dead.

Caliban and Marrow stood together, both had haunted looks in their eyes. Ororo approached them.

ORORO:
You should come with us.

Ororo then looked at Hank then at Logan.

ORORO: (Con't)
Let's get back to the mansion and figure things out.

INT. BATTERY PARK

The stratojet that Gambit piloted landed and the group of mutants who had been waiting for them began filing in.

INT. STRATOJET

Sinister noticed that one of his Marauders was missing.

SINISTER:
Where is Riptide? Who is she?

Sinister looked to Rogue as Pyro placed her limp body gently down in a seat, strapping her in.

PYRO:
Riptide is dead. This is Rogue, she's a friend of mine. I thought that she could be useful to us.

SINISTER:
What's her power?

PYRO:
She steals the life force of anyone she touches. She can take other mutants power.

SINISTER:
Hmm.

Sinister then looked from Rogue to Havok.

Maybe I'll have use for her.

The jet took off into the air as they all settled in.

SINISTER:
Riptide was killed, was he? No big deal, I can clone him with his DNA sample.

Pyro looked at him as he took off the mask.

PYRO:
You can what?

Pyro then looked behind him and at the end of the jet he could see the body of Cyclops laying on the ground. And right next to him...was Jean Grey.

He continued to stare at them in bewilderment for a moment before turning back around. Sinister was staring at him and from the look on his face Pyro could tell he had been reading his thoughts again.

SINISTER:
Who told you could take your mask off?

Pyro raised his chin defiantly but Sinister held his stare with lifeless red eyes. Finally, Pyro did as he was told and pulled his mask back on his face.

INT. XAVIER INSTITUTE-KITCHEN

The door of the walk in freezer opened. Bobby slowly stepped out of it. He raised his hands up in front of him and began focusing.

BOBBY:
Come on...come on.

His hands began to shake as he concentrated as hard as he could.

BOBBY:
Come on.

Then, starting at the fingertips flesh slowly but surely began to re-appear back on his hands. It went down to his wrists and finally spread to his chest and shoulders. The ice at his feet began to disappear as well, flesh began to appear on his knees, than his upper legs, his waist. Then finally, the ice disappeared from his face, the last spot being his eyes.

Bobby slowly opened them and looked over at the window staring at his reflection. His normal face, his normal appearance was back. Fortunately, Hank had been right.

Bobby let out a huge breath of relief.

INT. FOYER

Running into the foyer, Bobby came to the Professor's side as he groaned in pain.

BOBBY:
Professor...Professor!

Xavier seemed to stir just as the front doors opened and Logan, Ororo, and Hank came in with Caliban and Marrow behind them.

LOGAN:
What happened here?

BOBBY:
I don't know. I think he fell down the stairs.

Danielle came over to them.

DANIELLE:
It was the devil-man.

ORORO:
Who?

Danielle showed them the picture she drew. It was of a monster with red eyes.

ORORO:
You're saying the person who came in here looked like this?

The little girl nodded as Xavier finally began to come around.

HANK:
Professor, can you hear me? Are you alright?

XAVIER:
Scott...Jean. He came for them.

HANK:
Wait...Jean?

LOGAN:
Yes, Jean. We don't have time for you to be shocked right now, we'll explain later.

INT. XAVIER INSTITUTE

Logan, Hank, Ororo, and Bobby searched the whole school, going from room to room but couldn't find them.

INT. STUDY

The Professor was back in his wheelchair, Caliban and Marrow sat on the couch as the four X-Men walked into the room.

BOBBY:
Scott's going to be mad. That jet was his baby.

LOGAN:
You're going to have to use Cerebro to find them.

XAVIER:
Cerebro hasn't worked since Stryker took cruicial parts for his own.

LOGAN:
You never had it fixed?

XAVIER:
After what I almost did at Alkali Lake, I vowed to never use Cerebro again.

LOGAN:
So what the hell are we going to do?

Ororo looked to Caliban. She then remembered him from the church during the 'Mutants Against the Cure' meeting.

ORORO:
You. You can locate mutants, right? That's your power.

CALIBAN:
That's correct.

ORORO:
So you can find them.

CALIBAN:
It's not that easy. To track someone directly I need to know who it is. The more detail the better.

ORORO:
Scott Summers. Code-name Cyclops. He can fire optic beams from his eyes. Six foot two, brown hair-

LOGAN:
He's a dick.

ORORO:
Logan.

LOGAN:
Well he is.

ORORO:
Now is hardly the time.

CALIBAN:
I'm picking him up. Who was the woman?

ORORO:
Jean Grey. Powers of telepathy and telekinesis.

CALIBAN:
They're both in the same place.

LOGAN:
Where!

CALIBAN:
Fort Lauderdale. They're being kept in some kind of laboratory.

HANK:
We need to know the labs exact location.

CALIBAN:
I can give you everything. The street, the address, everything.

HANK:
Good.

LOGAN:
So, how the hell are we going to get there without a jet?

Hank smiled a little.

HANK:
I think I have a way.

EXT. LIBERTY LANDING MARINA

A hummer pulled up as Wolverine, Beast, Storm, and Iceman got out, all in uniform as they walked on the docks.

BEAST:
Here's a little something we've been working on.

A vessel then emerged from under the water. It was smooth, silver miniature submarine.

BEAST: (Con't)
I call it 'Hydra-X'.

WOLVERINE:
This will take hours to get us there.

BEAST:
Not so. It has what's called 'supercavitation'. Our journey time should be less than an hour.

INT. HYDRA-X

The team filled in, Beast taking the driver's seat. The vessel submerged in the water. Beast pressed a button and the vessel was enveloped inside of an air bubble to avoid problems caused by water drag.

BEAST:
Let's see what she can really do.

He grabbed the lever, sending it forward and Hydra-X shot through the water at the speed of a rocket-powered torpedo.

EXT. XAVIER INSTITUTE-STUDY

The Professor still remained in the study, along with Caliban and Marrow.

MARROW:
Where's Spyke?

XAVIER:
Who is Spyke?

CALIBAN:
Her cousin. He didn't make it.

Marrow then began to cry and buried her head in Caliban's chest.

XAVIER:
I'm sorry, Marrow. But you'll be safe here. I promise.

VOICE:
Professor! Professor!

Xavier's brows furrowed as he heard a frantic voice from out in the hallway. He wheeled himself out.

INT. HALLWAY

Standing there was Kitty Pryde, her body was ghost-like.

XAVIER:
Oh my goodness.

KITTY:
Professor, professor...I can't unphase!

Xavier wheeled over to her. He reached out and his hand passed through her as if she wasn't really standing there.

XAVIER:
Concentrate, child.

KITTY:
I'm concentrating as hard as I can but nothing is happening!

Xavier then remembered Jean on Muir Island. How she had healed Scott's eyes, Ororo's wound, Kevin's mental illness.

XAVIER:
Be calm, Kitty. Jean can help you.

KITTY:
Jean?

Kitty then looked down at her right hand. It had suddenly faded away into nothingness. She was going to fade away into nothingness.

Last edited by ZeroDarkThirty; 08-14-2017 at 03:53 PM.
ZeroDarkThirty is offline   Reply With Quote