View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 10:50 AM   #224
PeterBenParker
Wallopin' Websnappers!

Default Re: Tony Revolori is Flash Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
I wasn't aware of that last part.

If Flash isn't even a bully in this, and more of a friendly rival, then what's the frickin' point of even using the character.

I mean, seriously. I'm this close to being done with this film. Every little bit of info that comes out has only served to make me less interested.
Tom said:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
One of the main differences [from the previous movies] is that we don't [really] have a bully. His main rival is Flash. They have this really funny back-and-forth. [Tony] is so much like himself in the movie. He's so funny.

Makes me seem like:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Their relationship is more akin to two brothers where one of them is giving the younger bro a 'hard time' and the younger bro is just mildly annoyed by it. Flash calls him a dork and puts him on the spot at times but it's not in any way like typical Flash. Maybe the early 616 Flash (where he would just say little comments to Peter while he's with group) but that's not even the Flash people typically know and remember.

Tony described their relationship and the way Peter puts up with it is akin to rolling your eyes and shrugging it off, "Oh, Flash. " Seems like it's more in good fun than anything else.

Quote:
“When they cast Flash Thompson they knew they didn’t need a 6ft 5in jock to beat Peter Parker up. They needed a rich, smug kid commenting on how bad his trainers were,”

#SpiderManPS4Hype

Last edited by PeterBenParker; 06-05-2017 at 10:55 AM.
PeterBenParker is offline   Reply With Quote