View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 05:54 AM   #156
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
There's nothing wrong with focusing on Jane in the movies, since that character is a whole different Jane Foster than the one in the comics. You can tell differen types of stories with her, take her to other places, where Comic Jane never was.
In a way, it's like how they used Pepper in the Iron Man movies (and TA), Movie Pepper will never settle with Happy (not as long GP is playing her and RDJ is IM, but maybe in other incarnations) and Movie Jane is here to be remodelled as a working romantic interest for Thor.
This might change the dynamic betwen Thor and Sif, I agree. But let's just see where this dynamic goes now under this changed circumstances, before we scream and moan, because it's not perfectly accurate with the storylines and personalities from the 60ies.
So far, MS has done a decent job. In fact, they have done so well, translating these books to a working, breathing Movie Universe that I trust them to do the right thing with every decision they have in store for Phase II.
(until they cast Megan Fox and Eddie Murphy as Enchantress and Executioner)
Hey, I am a more modern and Simonson Thor guy. I just want Thor to be with his true love. It is like watching a Superman trilogy where he ignores Lois, even if the other woman is Miss Lang. Doesn't sit right with me.