View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #54
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Just because a lot of people didn't see every one of them doesn't mean anything. The fact that everybody simply knew each character had a solo film and that The Avengers was a team-up of them all is the main reason it was so hyped and had so much build up. The movie being able to live up to the hype was a miracle and is what made it so big. Without lead-ins a Justice League movie simply isn't going to garner the same amount of hype and even if the film is just as good or a little better, without some kind of gimmick it's most likely not going to be anywhere near as successful.

Henry Cavill being Superman in a Justice League movie is all the movie has going for it in that regard unless we see Ryan play Green Lantern again. People wont take too kindly to a new Batman unless he ends up pulling a Mark Ruffalo and end up being the best Batman, which is what WB should be putting an extreme amount of focus on.
I think a lot of people who hadn't seen the previous films went to see it cause it was hyped up because it was good and people were buzzing about it. The GA who didn't watch the previous films didn't need them. You don't need to do solo lead ins. We see films made all the time featuring groups of characters and they don't need lead ins. You can say yeah but comic book movies are different blah blah blah. They're not I'd the characters are interesting and developed well in one film it can work. Too many people seem to think that Marvels way is the only way, it's not.