View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #71
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 3

Why does everyone think a new Batman will hurt JL? I really don't see why it would be that big of a problem since a Batman reboot with a new actor in the role is nothing new by now. We've been having it for decades already. I would say Batman is currently the only superhero that has reached James Bond level in that regard, or at least the closest to reaching James Bond level.

Even Spider-Man, who had a lot more people against his reboot than the average reboot usually has, still didn't have that many people against his reboot simply because it was a reboot in comparison to all the people in the general audience that didn't have a problem with Spider-Man rebooted.

On top of that, half or more of the people that gave The Amazing Spider-Man crap for being a reboot mainly gave it crap because it retold the origin. The chances of a Batman reboot retelling the origin are slim. It will most likely just jump right in with an already established Batman or it will just briefly retell the origin.

I think people are underestimating what Batman in general is able to do with his popularity and status he is at today. Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are some of the best selling and most well received video games of the 7th generation of consoles and they didn't need Nolan's name on them.

As long as the new Batman looks cool and is well written, he will be able to attract an audience for JL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom'sDad View Post
I agree completely with your points; however, I think the sucess of JL is going to be marginal, certainly not Avengers sucess level, regardless of WB/DC decide the lead-in approach or not. I for one say make your own mark by establishing JL first to help launch solo film...simply because, they have been struggling to get solo films out of the gate, outside of Bats & Supes.

Look how long it to to get GL out...and it flopped. The Marvel approach is not going to work as well for DC...they been trying now for how long? Longer than Marvel Entertainment Studios existence.
The problem is that they haven't tried hard enough outside of Batman and Superman. GL was by no means them putting their full effort into the movie.