View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #90
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Default Re: Do you think Marvel will EVER get the film rights to Spider-Man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
This is true, but the oneessential ingredient that made it a phenomenom in the end was how it connected with people, more specifically the GA. The novelty played a factor for sure, but the film had great legs through insane word of mouth. The reasons you mentioned can only really gaurantee the opening weekend numbers (maybe two weekends). Batman and Superman sounds great on paper, but if the film doesn't work or connect with an audience, most of them won't care anymore 30 minutes into the film. So luck is a big factor in terms of a films long term success. You can't bottle what the Avengers had...it's not based on scientific measurements born in a lab, but a series of planned and accidental/inspired moments. So while I think Spidey would definitely take it to an even higher, insane level in terms of potential - it doesn't gaurantee it will equal the long term success of the first Avengers film (even if it's great). What it does gaurantee is that on opening weekend they won't be able to build enough theaters to hold the ******.
Of course that the movie needs to be good first and foremost before it makes that much money. However, I addressed that in my last post. The reason it made so much money was because 1) The idea was never done before and 2) They did a really good job with it. Each of these reasons wouldn't have worked at all without the other one being there. They had to work together. Everything I said was me going by the assumption that each said movie (either Avengers or Justice League) is good and connects with the audience to begin with.

Also, there is no such thing as guaranteed success. There is no way we can know 100% for sure how much future Avengers films will need or not need Spider-Man, or whether or not Justice League will be good and make a lot of money. However, we have to be realistic and determine the most probable outcomes by examining all the factors. Studios essentially do the same thing before they start production on big movies like The Avengers.