View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 10:09 PM   #91
SoNicRaDiATioN
Banned User

Default Re: Do you think Marvel will EVER get the film rights to Spider-Man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Of course that the movie needs to be good first and foremost before it makes that much money. However, I addressed that in my last post. The reason it made so much money was because 1) The idea was never done before and 2) They did a really good job with it. Each of these reasons wouldn't have worked at all without the other one being there. They had to work together. Everything I said was me going by the assumption that each said movie (either Avengers or Justice League) is good and connects with the audience to begin with.

Also, there is no such thing as guaranteed success. There is no way we can know 100% for sure how much future Avengers films will need or not need Spider-Man, or whether or not Justice League will be good and make a lot of money. However, we have to be realistic and determine the most probable outcomes by examining all the factors. Studios essentially do the same thing before they start production on big movies like The Avengers.
Good, so were in agreement then. The main thrust of my argument was basically the degree to which luck and timing are involved when it comes to these massive phenomenoms (which you touched on to some degree). Quality alone isn't enough. The Avengers just seemed to hit all the right notes for a lot of people, whatever the reason. Even if the Avengers 2 had Spidey and was twice the film that the first one was, it wouldn't gaurantee it equals it at the box office long term, putting inflation and expanded markets aside of course (see SM2, Empire Strikes Back, etc).

Last edited by SoNicRaDiATioN; 05-24-2013 at 10:25 PM.
SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote