View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 12:05 AM   #303
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: Who should play Ms. Marvel if she gets her own film?

Hmmm... I like her trying to save him, I don't think gaining super powers counts as a sacrifice though. Her failing to save him in the end though, that could be epic and tragic.

I'm still skeptical of the romantic drama tone, because it's a bit anti-action. And it does require that Carol and Mar-Vell's relationship be romantic and intense and drive the story. A Mr. and Mrs. Smith might be a good angle for the idea of an action romance type movie. That's more action romance, y'know? This Means War, Killers, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, Knight and Day... those types of action romance movies. They're not romantic dramas like Titanic or The Notebook.

There does need to be some kind of background purview. For instance with Iron Man, you know whatever you do in the realm of corporate espionage and high tech gizmos will be unique to Iron Man. For Cap whatever you do with military and spycraft will be unique to him. For Thor, whatever you do with mystical realms will be unique to him. For the Guardians of the Galaxy, whatever you do with space and aliens will be unique to them, minus bringing them to Earth, which is where the Avengers show up.

So how do you make Captain Marvel's unique to it's own franchise, without the risk of doing a story too much like a future Cap/Thor/IM/GOTG film? And keeping it separate from any Avengers storylines? Shadow alien wars? Invisible Kree and shapeshifting skrulls? That's way too specific, but its the best I could come up with.

But Action Romance works for me, regardless.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote