View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #313
cph9fa
Side-Kick

Default Re: Who should play Ms. Marvel if she gets her own film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
That kinda grew out of the idea of using the action romance genre to set Captain Marvel apart from other Marvel films, since the others are all so distinct, and Ms. Marvel can very easily be the sort of all your powers combined Avenger, making her less interesting, and causing her stories to duplicate other heroes' potential stories. I'm all for a better solution, I just haven't found one.
Same here. The alien infiltration & horror angle might work, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
I like it a lot. It does seem like it sets up well for a Kree-Skrull War in phases 4-6 like the Infinity Saga seems to dominate Phases 1-3. One thing, I don't think Una's presence adds to Carol's story much, other than making her a function of female agency instead of Mar-Vell's, Una makes Carol's relationship with Mar-Vell a bit taboo and unsympathetic.
I went back on forth on whether to include that. If there are romantic undercurrents, having a subplot with Mar-Vell in a Betty and Veronica situation might create drama. Not completely necessary, though, and it seems like in Thor:TDW they shied away from that angle (its sort of there in the subtext).

Also, here's a great potential line, after she learns he's a Kree, as they're getting to know each other.

Carol: "So, Mar-Vell, what about you? Do you have any family? Is there a Miss Mar-Vell somewhere waiting for you?"

cph9fa is offline   Reply With Quote