View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #13
John Lambert
Side-Kick

Default Re: Love this IMBD post about the Damage/Death Toll in MOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
This! If he saved the people from one building, Zod would throw cars through other buildings. I think he was a little too reckless, but he's had to hold back his entire life. Punching in moderation is something he's probably not used to. Also, the more I think about it, the more it makes sense that if he throws Zod higher in the air, the more likely he could cause devastation in other parts of the world, faster than Superman could keep track and stop him. So in order to "control the damage" he just bear him on the ground.
Well, the building they went through was entirely empty. I think the idea was meant to be all the buildings were empty. It is reasonable to assume that Perry would view DP as essential services, and so be slower to evacuate than in other buildings. So I think we are meant to assume all buildings were evacuated.

The catch is that in MOS Zod is an intensive fighter, who does not give his enemy any chance, but attacks with full force. It is very different than Superman II, although even there it makes little sense than Superman is able to prevent all deaths, especially when he causes debris to rain down on people.

John Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote