View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 01:15 PM   #189
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: Batman reboot: Should it be based on realism, dark imagination, or silliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I personally think all super hero movies should be rated R
I always thought this was kind of a selfish attitude. If I was 8 and wasn't allowed to see Batman and Spider-Man movies because they were rated R...I'd be hella pissed!

Now, I wouldn't be opposed to an R rated Batman movie (perhaps based on Grant Morrison's Arkham Asylum) happening one day down the line, but no way every superhero movie should be rated R.

As for the reboot....I voted A & B, but I'd love to be surprised with an option that we're not even considering.

Honestly, I've love to see Batman Beyond the movie. Nolan cited Blade Runner as an influence for Batman Begins, but if you set the film a few decades into the future you can really get the Blade Runner version of Batman. It would be a cool way to push the franchise more into Sci-Fi without getting too campy or blatantly unrealistic. And I also think, after the ending of TDKR the world would be ready to see a Batman film where Bruce Wayne isn't in the cape and cowl. But it could be just like the show where he is the mentor.

Not to mention, the movie could also have flashbacks to Batman's heyday ala Return of the Joker. Could be pretty epic.

BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote