View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 11:37 PM   #332
quara33
Side-Kick

Default Re: Official Clark Gregg/Agent Coulson Support Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Personally I think the LMD theory would just devalue what happened. Though saying that, Fury did seemingly like about the trading cards. Maybe Coulson is in a hospital bed somewhere? I dunno. I admit I just want to see the guy back, but at the same time I don't want it to be as easy a write off as an LMD (though I did float a Captain Marvel idea a page back).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
If they do bring back Coulson as being alive, then I'd like to see whichever hero's movie he shows up in to get seriously peeved at Fury and/or Hill for lying to them.
I agree--I can handle Fury being that manipulative, since it's totally in keeping with the character, but I think the death scene works because Coulson was truly risking his own life--I'm not sure it'd work as well if he was just faking it.

Oddly, I think Tony would actually be more forgiving of that kind of manipulation than Cap, or Black Widow.

Sad as I am to say it, I'm rather doubtful they'll bring Coulson back at all--the character had an amazing arc and served his purpose. They don't need any 'connective tissue' since the Avengers themselves are that tissue. They don't need a proxy for SHIELD since Fury and Hill can fulfill that. I'm not saying Marvel might not be playing the long game, but I don't think they'll bring back a character just to appease the fan base. It would have to serve a plot purpose (Vision, the motivation for Extremis, Captain Mar-Vell), and be pretty well-motivated.