View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 02:28 PM   #316
Halcohol
Suit up

Default Re: Nell2ThaIzzay's "Last Stand"

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1phoenixfan
Thank you Dayonase for helping cyrusbles and me. I'm glad that you have the game. Is the game hard to play? It sounds hard to play. I'm sure you'll eventually get the hang of that game, and beat it.... well hopefully.
Well, throughout the game, you have to make several trips back to Alkali Lake. While Nightcrawler is there, he sees visions of Jason Stryker. It turns out that Stryker's mental image was still a part of the facility where he died.

At the end of the game, Nightcrawler reveals his guilt over not saving Jason when Dark Cerebro collapsed and states that he cannot take action that might harm another being again, and leaves the mansion.

The game's not actually that hard, it's just highly repetetive. My favorite levels are Iceman's, simply because it's almost like a flight sim with regards to the speed and gameplay mechanics. Nightcrawler's levels are alright, the teleportation is pretty sweet. The fight with Multiple Man on the bridge is the highlight of his storyline. Finally, Wolverine's levels drove me up the freakin' wall. Fight wave of enemies, heal, repeat x 5, move on to the next area. Fight wave of enemies, heal, repeat x 5... ad nauseum.

Also, the presentation of the game was rushed. The cutscenes are crappy slideshow art, when it could have been so freakin' cool to use the game's engine to generate a cutscene. AAAnyway.

The game's fun, don't get me wrong. But beat it once, and there's really no need to play it ever again.

Halcohol is offline   Reply With Quote