View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #631
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Default Re: The Big Bad Star Lord Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
This isn't about how big a name Star-Lord needs or doesn't need to be, it's about James Gunn's casting process for all characters. He will cast whoever he sees fit in the role, be they big name actors or not, because he knows Marvel will allow him to do so as long as they understand that it will make the movie better. Chris Pratt is only an example.
I've seen what Gunn has had to say on the subject and I'm not going to call him a liar, because I don't think he is. But if you think Marvel is going to plop down $150-200 million for a movie with a talking raccoon in it and not have some say in it, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you. Sorry, I just can't imagine Disney/Marvel being like "Ok dude, do whatever you want just let us know how much money you need." I just don't see it. And this goes beyond the casting process.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV